Red, White & Blueberry Mojitos
The 4th of July, what an amazing holiday!! We celebrate our Independence, blast off fireworks until the wee hours and day drink through the night (hence the fireworks until 2:00 AM!). I love the 4th of July, but I don't want just any old cocktail for the day, I want something special, I want something red, white and blue! Here's a delicious recipe for a strawberry, blueberry, and mint mojito that you and your 4th of July guests will love!
How to make it - serves 1
- 2 Sliced Fresh Strawberries (plus more for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Blueberries (plus more for garnish)
- 10-12 Fresh Mint Leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 Lime Juiced ( 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice)
- 2 Tbsp Hudson & Lee Honey Simple Syrup
- 1 & 1/2 oz White Rum (or 1 & 1/2 shots)
- Crushed Ice
- Club Soda
Muddle together at the bottom of a tall glass: the blueberries, strawberries, mint leaves, and honey simple syrup using a bar muddler or anything with a rounded handle (dough roller, whisk, etc.) until the berries break down. Add the rum and stir to combine. Fill the glass with ice, then top with club soda. Stir to combine then add extra sliced strawberries, blueberries and mint leaves to the top of the glass for garnish. Cheers!